Blind Date

NAVITl Travel Blog

The next island I went to was a little surreal. To get from the big boat to the island you always have to get on a speed boat which is good fun. Me and a girl from Devon got on the boat and headed off to the resot. When we got there we quickly found out that we were the only two people on the island and shared a 32 man dorm between us.

Slipped in a bit more sunbathing and finished reading the book "Derailed" which is also a filmd with clive owen and jennifer anniston in, I had only started that a day earlier, I really got in to my reading. Did some more relaxing in a hammock and then dinner. This turned out to be quite interesting, a candle light dinner between the two of us. Had a nice roast dinner with roast potatoes, runner and carrots, but the chicken came in a red jammy sauce and there was also egg mayonnaise. After dinner if things were uncomfortably romantic enough the fijians set up a bonfire for us to sit round and felt like we had been sent there by Cilla Black. Me and caroline ( i think that was her name) sat round that for a while and chatted. However she was quite frumpy (and a little tubbs) and was more interested in her book and went to bed at 9.

This place did have 24 hour electricity, however there were no lights in the toilet and shower so you just had to hope and the lights in the dorm only had one starter between them, so a guy had to go round them all individually inserting the starter and then moving to the next one.

The next morning I went with a local to help him do some spear fishing. He took me out quite far and we caught lots of very pretty fish and it was my job to hold on to them. However the fijian was visually upset when his favourite spear was lost when he clipped a big tuna with it but the tuna swam off with the big spear still in it.

Decided it was definitely not worth staying there another night so I jumped back on the boat after lunch. It was now getting incredibly hot in Fiji where the only thing you could do at midday was sit in the shade and wait for it to cool down, I burnt my feet on the sand and was very greatful for the aircon on the boat.

katieestruch says:
Ive seen that film! got it on my hard drive. Its good!
Did u like the book?

Where are you getting these books from?? Did u actually back lots of books and carry? or buying n throwing as you go along?

Posted on: Oct 19, 2007