Bangkok Travel Blog

Had to get an overnight 16 hour trip to get back to Bangkok which was a killer and got in at 5:30am, the bus was full but I nabbed the best seats on the bus, seats with a big shelf in front that we could put our legs on. Did not help much and probably got 2 hours sleep at most. Did watch a couple of DVDs which did pass the time. Got to the Khoa Sahn Road (which is spelt incorrectly probably) as the sun was rising and over some quite cools big statue/monuments (they reminded me a bit like the big swords over the road that you always see in the news in Baghdad). That was probably about as cultural I got in my time in Thailand, I never even made it to one temple, which made me feel a bit bad but whenever I had tried to do an activity during the day other than go to the beach it was as if God hated me and made the trip rubbish and costly.

My flight was at 11pm so had ages to kill, got a room and slept for 6 hours. Then went shopping again in the MBK centre and picked up a few things which was good. Got back said bye to John who I had been travelling with for about 8 months (most of which was not really travelling but working in Sydney) as he was going to Laos and I headed off to the airport, Tokyo bound!

50,051 km (31,100 miles) traveled