In Sedona we rode through the desert in jeeps

Sedona Travel Blog

Just outside Phoenix

We were back on the bus early this morning. Waiting, waiting, waiting... there were some bodies missing, and the rumours had started. One of the young guys from Israel had “gotten friendly” with one of the girls from Holland (who had actually won the trip on a TV dating show and was travelling with her ‘date’) and they were caught in a compromising position in the laundry room. Let the games begin. We finally found the people who were missing and headed out towards Sedona in the Arizona desert.

Sedona is a magnificent place all red rocks, blue sky and cowboys. Our first stop in Sedona was the Red Rock Jeep Tours. We had a fantastic time four wheeling over the red rocks in red jeeps driven by crazy cowboys who took us to the Devil’s Kitchen and the Apache’s Seven Pools.

Gerry and Elke
Gerry, a gorgeous, fun man who was fluent in sign language for Neville and fluent in flirtese (the language of the flirt) for me, drove the jeep in which I was a passenger. He taught us all about the geology, the flora and the legends of the area, and he tried to slit my throat, there have been many who I’m sure have thought about it in the past, but he was the first to actually hold a knife to my throat. This tour was a pure adrenaline rush.

After the fun and games of the Jeep ride, we had a bit time to spend in Sedona to brows in the eclectic shops and gorgeous galleries. I love this town and I would love to go back one day.

Our next stop was... The Grand Canyon! Woo hoo. What a magnificent place. The first view we had of the canyon was from a viewing platform. We had no idea when we were looking at the view that over the next few days, the stunning view would saturated our senses and that the first view we had of the canyon, although stunning, was nothing compared to what we would see.

travellingaussie says:
Flirtese - geez you're a dag. :D
Posted on: Oct 25, 2008
Gerry and Elke
The Devils Kitchen, a sink hole n…
The Devil's Kitchen, a sink hole …
Desert Flower
Desert Flower
Our cowboys (Gerry in the middle)
Our cowboys (Gerry in the middle)
The Red Rock Jeep Ridin group