Painting at Men's rehab house, more Mexican food, and RED SOX GAME

Boston Travel Blog

Today I went to a men's rehabilitation house. When we first got there, it was pretty crumby looking and quite depressing. However, we painted walls in many different rooms with beautiful shades of yellow, blue, and green. We spent about 5 hours painting, with a lunch break in the middle. When we were done, the place looked totally different, almost like it came out of a Pottery Barn magazine! The men who lived there were really impressed with the bright new colors. Many of them were tough looking, but through spending the day with them, i could see that they had great hearts, and they were extremely friendly. It made me happy to know that a change of color in the house brightened the men's moods. We then went out to eat again at El Pelon Taqueria (it was that good). This time I ordered a guava soda, which was even better than Strawberry. There was a playground across the street that me, Greg, Peter, Brant, and Kathryn went to after dinner to have some fun. Greg went on Peter's shoulders and went into a Chinese restaurant and asked "Do you have discounts for tall people?" The Chinese restaurant workers were a little scared of what later became known as "Tall Man". It made a great laugh. The Advisors had told us that we were going to a United Church of Christ museum after dinner, but then surprised us by handing us Boston Red Sox Tickets! The game was awesome. The Red Sox won 9-1 against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.
Boston