Children's clothing exchange, Holocaust Memorial

Boston Travel Blog

Today my group went to the Children's Clothing Exchange. At first, we sorted children's winter clothing into boxes by size to make room for the children's spring clothing. Then, me, Priscilla, Brad, and Lynn were assigned to a really messy room filled with strollers, car seats, and baby baths. Our goal was to clean it up and make it more organized. We took everything out, and cleaned and wiped down two tables. I had a brilliant idea to stack the two tables on top of eachother, to create more room for the strollers, which took up a lot of space and were quite cumbersome. Then we put everything back into the room in an organized manner, and it looked so much better when it was done! I felt really proud of myself in this situation, for even though it was just one room, it helped many poor families find what they wanted much easier beacause of the organization that we established. We then ate lunch outside, which was absolutely beautiful. We finished our job at the Children's Clothing Exchange by putting clothing on racks. After our time there, we went to Dunkin Donuts for some caffeine and went back to the church for a relaxed night in.
photo by: bubu932