The day I ran into Vincent Chase on the way to class

New York Travel Blog

Vince

A couple of days ago classes started. They went allright but who wants to read about the neural bases of language and cognitive psychology on my blog anyway? The more important thing that day happened between classes anyway...

So I had this big gap between my morning and afternoon classes so I decided to go uptown to Union Square for lunch with my boyfriend. We took our time eating and began walking leisurely back to class. Stopped at the bank and had to wait 15 freakin minutes to deposit my money (never been that backed up before). So we're walking, taking our time and we make it to University Place. As we get closer and closer to campus we notice a big group outside one of the freshman dorms. Maybe 50-70 kids. I figured someone was giving away free shit.

Vince
Last year I got a free t-shirt and gum outside one of my classes so it could happen again.

We get closer and what do we see? Freaking Vincent Chase (star of Entourage) is filming something right outside Weinstein with like two cameramen. I thought he was filming a documentary about the papparazzi in LA (at least that's what Perez says) so I have no idea what he was doing in NYC. But he seemed really nice... talked to people, signed stuff (like people's schedules since that's all they had).

He left before I was able to get close enough for him to sign anything but I (okay, fine, my boyfriend) did get pictures. Thank god he was with me because I was too short to see anything.

The whole thing's funny... All last year I'd have a camera with me at all times because I never knew when I'd see someone famous. I never did see anyone famous. So it's about time my efforts paid off.

And if you think about it, if I didn't wait so long in that line in the bank I wouldn't have seen Vincent Chase. Waiting in a never-ending, boring line actually paid off! From now on, whenever I'm in a long line, I'll just keep telling myself that I'll run into Brad Pitt or Madonna on the way home. Hopefully that will make lines a bit more bearable.

New York