I love Venice

Venice Travel Blog

Venice

We woke with very sore heads this morning. After breakfast today we caught the water bus from our campsite to Venice. There is no other place like Venice!! We arrived at the dock in Venice and were taken to a glass blowing demonstration and a lace making demonstration, things that must be seen while in Venice.

Marit and I decided to find a nice cafe with outside dining to enjoy a lovely lunch. So of the other people on the tour went to, of all places McDonalds for lunch. I cant believe that is one of the most amazing places ever you would ever want to have McDonalds. I was so disapointed to see that there was even a McDonalds here!! Really does take some of the romance out of this fantastic place.

Marit and I wandered around Venice, looking in shops and emersing ourselves in the laneways and canels that make up Venice.

During the afternoon  the group met up to do a gondela ride. This was lovely, but hardly the romantic experience you would love to have when you are surrounded by fellow Contiki travellers (though Tim did propose to me, though I found I had to decline!!)

We returned to the campside and had dinner and drinks.

Venice
Gavin stole the Australian Flag!
Gavin stole the Australian Flag!
Tim & Me on the Gondola