Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Paris from the Eifel Tower

Early start afer a pretty good night sleep. Breakfast was good and we headed into Paris for a day to explore the city. We got dropped of at the Eifell Tower, which we went to the top of. What an amazing view from the top. Paris is layed out in such neat lines and so organised.

It was a very busy day in Paris because it was Bastille Day and whilst everything was free, everything was also abnormally busy and impossible to get into. So Soley and I went to a Parrisian Cafe to experience the Paris lifestyle. Paris is a stange place in many ways, you have to pay to use the toilets and for a seat facing the street on the sidewalk. Lunch was lovely, a little overpriced but the atomosphere was worth every cent.

Soley, Me & Victor at Paris Dinner

We spent the afternoon wandering past the Louve and along the river to Notre Dame. I could have spent so much more time in Paris, so much I didnt get to see.

We walked down the Champs Elysees which looks amazing but because during the morning they had, had a Bastille Day Parade there was still tempory seating lining the road and military tankers everywhere, sort of took a little away from the usually beauty of the area.

During the evening we went for a traditional french meal, quiche and duck el orange. Was very nice. Then to a cabaret which was fantastic. It amazed me how much toplessness there was. Didnt think it was really necessary.

We had a fair bit to drink and Soley got rather drunk. We all hung out at the Campsite bar and got to know each other further. Danielle (my room mate from Royal National) was staying there too so I enjoyed catching up with her. I retired to bed about 4am.

Paris