The Bombings

Melbourne Travel Blog

Today was my last day of work before heading overseas for the next 10 weeks. I was on the train home from work when I heard a news report advising that several bombs had been set off in London. At this stage all the details where not clear, but many had been killed and some of the worst hit stations where Russell square and Kings Cross. Having never been to london before the locations didnt mean much to me except that I recognised Russell Square as the Trian station i would have to get off at in two days time for my accomodation was Russell Square.

Arriving home that evening and watching the news the full impact of the bombings was more evident. There had been a bus bomb and several Train stations bombed. The panic and fear that came over me was overwhelming. I was about to head off on my first overseas holiday on my own and my destination had just been bombed. The thought of cancelling my trip or changing my flights to catch my tour from Paris all crossed my mind, and my mum was frantic (as you could imagine). But I was determined not to let them stop me seeing the countries I most wanted to. I was flying to London in 24 hours!

photo by: jendara