A glimpse at a possible future career...

Venice Travel Blog

Mermaid on Venice Beach

I was only in LA for the weekend, so I knew time was of the essence.  I got my rental car and my gps device (best invention ever!!!), settled into my hostel, Hostel California, and was off to take in as much of California as I could.

I had to hurry to Venice Pier, which is famous for having spectacular sunsets.  Venice Beach was also the site where they used to shoot “Baywatch”. Apparently I was not the only one that was there taking photos that night.

While I was shooting a few sunset photos, I saw that right next to me there was a professional photoshoot, using the backdrop of the sunset.

Now I didn’t want to interfere, but I thought that it would be cool to document the photoshoot, the process behind the scenes, the set up of the shots, the photographer at work, and I got to work.

I took some photos, and upon reviewing some I noticed that a few stood head and shoulders above the rest and were quite good.  One of the people standing around the shoot took notice to my photos and was overly delighted at hot a few of my photos came out.  She happened to be the mother of one of the models and one of my photos really captured her daughter exquisitely.  The mother and a few from the models’ entourage advised me to show the photo to the photographer, to see if maybe he would like to use it as part of his photoshoot or collection.

I walked over to the photographer, and he was very delighted to see the photo, “I didn’t notice that angle, the photo came out great” he said.  After the high praise from the photographer, who knows maybe this might turn into a new career for me someday :)

I was beat, and so I went back to my hostel, chilled out, relaxed and swapped stories with fellow travelers at my hostel.

jefrois says:
Thanks Mike
Posted on: Sep 03, 2008
mikevirgo0824 says:
great sunset shots, jeff!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2008