Pubs and cheating

Wick Travel Blog

Crawling out of Camster Cairns
We were staying in WICK for 2 nights at the Norseman Hotel and we later had an optional excursion to the CAMSTER CAIRNS along with another pub excursion. YEAAA, more cider! The Cairns are made of stone and have 2 areas with one being round and the inside was 10 feet tall. Michael and a few members of our group went through, including Suzi, and the sisters. I was skeptical and didn't go in the first one.  The 2nd one was longer and had 2 entrances so I thought I'd give it a try. Not so bad, although we did have to crawl through most of the way and finally at the end we were able to stand up. We also got our pictures taken in the heather.

Our pub for the evening was OLD SMIDDY INN.
3 babes in the heather?!?
We were entertained by a well dressed boy in a kilt playing the bagpipes. We got the usual 2 pints of cider and again I was feeling "pretty good". I chatted with some guy and asked him if he was single and he responded with "I'm a single malt". lol  I was feeling pretty happy after this so I talked to Michael, asking the dumb question of; why do most of the cars have sunroofs when it rains so much! He replied with "wishful thinking". lol Leaving the pub, I kept waving to some guys from a bachelor party. The things cider does to me.
On our way back to the hotel for dinner, Suzi fell asleep on the bus. I was again feeling good for dinner. After dinner, we sat in the hotel bar talking with our group. I started talking to 2 guys, James & Mac who were from Ireland.
Approaching the cairns
James said he played professional rugby but Michael said not to believe him. lol Mac was trying to hook up with Suzi and she refused, since she had a boyfriend back home and told him that she doesn't cheat. Well then he proceeded to sit in the empty chair that was formerly occupied by Leanne (who had by this time gone up to her room) and asked the bewildering question of "Does SHE CHEAT?" while tapping the armrests with both his hands! We thought this was hilarious and one of those "you had to be there" moments. Of the 3 of us, I was the only unattached one, so it didn't bother me when James kissed me. Suzi then went up to the room and I decided to follow suit, since we had to be up early. I inadvertently had my key out and James saw what room we had and his was next to ours. How convenient, or so he thought! I went up to the room, by myself, I might add and while trying to fall asleep, the phone rang. Neither of us answered it and a couple minutes later was a loud knock on the wall above the beds. We stayed silent and there was another pound. I was starting to get scared by this point. Finally it stopped and we never heard from them again.
euphemy says:
You're welcome!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2008
Aditu says:
Damn Chris ruining my Scottish hook up, LOL.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008
young bagpiper at Old Smiddy Inn
young bagpiper at Old Smiddy Inn
Genius at rest
Genius at rest
room at the Norseman Hotel in Wick…
room at the Norseman Hotel in Wic…
Wick