Waiting at Downtown Disney

Disneyland Travel Blog

My flight arrived at John Wayne Airport, in Orange County, not at any of the airports in LA county.  I got in at about noon, and my brother works until about 4PM each day, so rather than take a LONG bus ride up to LA, or sitting around at the airport all day, I got a shuttle to Disneyland (10-15 miles from the airport) and spent the afternoon at Downtown Disney.  Saw a movie, ate some food, killed time in a better atmosphere than on a bus or in an airport, that's for sure.  When my brother got there, we ate dinner, had a couple $9 beers (yikes!) and then found my luggage.

Oh, speaking of which, I should mention, there was a Disney employee that was great.  I obviously had all my bags with me, and my suitcase, though not large, was too big for any of the lockers.  This employee (Jorge - I remember because that was my "name" in High School Spanish) made a number of requests to "higher-ups", and finally got permission for me to store my bag and backpack in the dog kennels.  I was a bit worried, because it was something like $50 to board a dog, and if it cost that for my bag, I'd just deal with lugging it around with me, but Jorge came through once again and they stored both of my bags for free. :)

Speed limit is 14 mph!