EXIT!!!!!

Novi Sad Travel Blog

What a lot of fun was had. I've never had so much fun, slept so little and drank and smoked so much over a 5-day period in my life!! Will DEFINITELY be going again.

Thought I'd add a bit more to this entry seeing as it doesn't really do the festival justice!! Every night was fantastic, and, certainly at the beginning of each night, there was music to suit everyone. Later on, depending on the stage it got a bit more 'specific' (lol). The dance arena had a variety of dance music (name says it all really!) The main stage had a mixture of rock, DnB (I spent the majority of my time bounding around to that various DnB artists), hip hop and so on. That was later in the evening anyway (or morning, depending on the way you look at it!) There were other stages with Happy Hardcore, metal, trance, world music and so on.
I'm ashamed to say I didn't go to any other than the Happy Novi Sad, once, at the end of a night, to try to find somewhere that would sell me a drink!

I worried about the amount of calories I was consuming through the copious amounts of beer I was consuming (we worked out we were averaging just under 20 500ml glasses of Tuborg a day!) but I reckon through all my dancing I probably burnt off the majority of them! The problem with Exit (for us anyway, the organisers I'm sure had a reason) is that once in the festival grounds, you can only buy wine, beer, water or energy drinks. Hence my 3-day post-Exit beer strike! The energy drinks were pretty good though, they kept me going!

The campsite for Exit was great, met so many people there from all over.
Although I've been told that 85% of the campers were British (I think 80% of festival-goers were British as well) so that meant we obviously met quite a few Brits. But I met some  Americans, Slovenians, Croations, French. And, thanks to Facebook, we can all stay in touch!

My friend, Khwan, who I went with, she didn't really enjoy much of the music (she's much more of a Nelly Furtado, Mark Ronson gal really!) but she enjoyed the campsite so much and we had so much fun there that she said she'd almost be willing to buy just the campsite ticket next year and not go to the festival! Having the campsite on the other side of the Danube, with a 20 min walk to the entrance was good actually. It kept us seperate and the walks from campsite to fortress were always entertaining! Well, actually, the walks back to the campsite at the end of a session were more so!

Toilets left a lot to be desired, especially in the extreme heat that we had there! As a Brit, festivals and good weather generally don't occur at the same time!!

If I can't find anyone to go with me next year (I doubt Khwan would go again, however much fun she had at the campsite) I'll quite happily go on my own and meet people!
N.E.R.D. (Pharell)