4 weeks in France!

Besancon Travel Blog

And what a few weeks that was! (I'm writing this from back in England) LOTS of little children (I was in a class with 6/7 year olds, plus an 8yr old and a 10yr old who were repeating), accommodation in the middle of nowhere, with NO internet access at all. But yes, it was all interesting, and I suppose the purpose of it, which was to see how education runs in another country, and to refresh our language, was beneficial. I certainly improved my French/renewed a lot of what I'd forgotten. Had a fab fun week in the snow with the kiddies as well. Another experience!

I didn't really get to see a lot of Besancon, I'll be honest. I was working in school from 8:30 til 16:30 and had work to do in the evenings. But what I did get to see was lovely. I would have liked to have had the opportunity to visit the fortress with the zoo, visit Dijon maybe, but time did not allow it. I've got friends there now (met them in the Irish pub - a place where I can always guarantee meeting friendly people in whatever country, whatever town I'm in!) so I might go back at some point maybe. Although it's not the first place I'd choose to go back to if I had money. Maybe I'll do a road trip to the south one day, maybe this summer...could go through Nancy (where I almost went to for a weekend but 70€ for a return train ticket didn't seem justifiable to me for just one night to see friends) then to Besancon, to the South. Hmm...
photo by: tamsynj