Planes, Trains and Automobiles. . .

Eden Prairie Travel Blog

It is amazing how much work vacation can be. I had been busy with school and work and hadn't had time to pack, so saying up late the night before my flight was the only option. However, when it came time to be alert, I was ready to go!

Katie and I had never traveled together, and neither of us had been in Chicago, so this was going to be an adventure in many ways!

Alan was taking a long lunch to take us to the airport. We could have drove to Chicago as it really isn't that far, but we only had a few days and didn't want to waste time driving. He was late picking us up, and I was worried about getting checked in, but in the end it all worked out ok. Katie and I found an organic restaurant to eat at before taking off. We had no idea what was around our hotel and didn't want to get there and be starving!
The flight was good, and the hotel shuttle was easily located. After checking into the hotel, we decided to go exploring. Back to the hotel shuttle, that took us back to the airport were we got on the El. Bascially, we just rode the El around, found a Subway for dinner and went back to the hotel to rest up for our big adventure!
Eden Prairie