The first stop on our trip to Portugal

Tours Travel Blog

The start of our holiday was quiet hectic. I had picked Kaija and her friend up in the airport the at midnight the day before. She was coming back from a weeks holiday in Spain all tanned up. (cheating). It was the first time she saw the new apartment that will be our home the coming years. We had a lot to talk about not seeing each other for a couple of weeks and her friend is also very talkative in a good way. We had a lot of laughs but I had to call it a night at 3.30 am because I had promised to drive her friend to the airport for the morning flight to Copenhagen. So I was up again 5.10 am - up! I was hardly down!!

I had to go to work directly there after - my boss said that there was a very importent meeting. I had planned a day off, but the day went rather well anyway but in my mind I would like postpone our trip to the next morning - I had only gotten 1½ hours of sleep.

When I came back from work Kaija was fresh, after sleeping the whole day!! She wanted to go to Portugal now - no need to wait. This was when I acted like a real man and put the stick in the ground and said with a large voice - Yes let's go:D. We packed really quick. No plan - just two big sports bags and that was it - I found out later that I packed with everything but my head.

Leaving Brussels was easy - it was still a holiday week in Belgium, otherwise getting out of Brussels a Friday, forget it! We left around 6pm heading for Paris. I started driving because I knew that I was going to be extremely tired later. I drove until we reached Valencienne, and then Kaija took over. We planned to shift in Paris but the traffic was rather good so she drove trough until Tours. It was her first time driving through Paris and I think she did pretty good - it can be hectic even at 9pm.

Entering Tours we drove around looking for at Hotel. We found one at the town center - and we got the last room. It must have been the very very last one. It was stached away in a corner on the first floor. The room was a room - and were just focusing on the bed. Seperate beds I hate that when I anm with Kaija. I really felt for something cold but I found the minibar locked. I went down again to lobby to ask for the key to the minibar because the porter forgot to give ot to us. When I used the key - I only found that they had removed the fridge:D You dont get much for 145€ in the town center. I have to say that the breakfast was great the next morning.

After the breakfast we drove around in the city to get a glance at it, before we were heading for Bordeaux and Spain. It was a beautiful city. We could already tell that the day before, because all the nice places were litt up all night. After doing the quick sightseeing we headed for the freeway - and so did everybody else in France it seemed like. We were driving in one long queue until we reached Bordeaux.

Beyond Bordeaux the traffic went much better and we were very fast in Spain. We drove towards Madrid and the roads were great, all new and not that much trafic.

scubagirl76 says:
haha I love your humor! "acted like a real man and said ok" you sound like my husband. good blog, will have to come back to read rest later!
Posted on: Jan 14, 2008
Tours Hotels & Accommodations review
We stayed in the last - no the very last room in Hotel Turone in Tours. We were very tired when we arrived so we were actually rather happy about find… read entire review
photo by: yasuyo