First Sunday + Church

Beijing Travel Blog

Last night we wanted to go to 后桷, but the cab driver mispointed us to 前桷. Owell, just going to some place new. We just walked around for a bit since the touristy stores are still open. Then we went into the Sex & the City bar/lounge where there are two go-go girls whom I originally thought were hookers. Anyways, I had a good time with Hanni, looking at the go-go girls, asking the DJ to play Shakira's Hips Don't Lie, and just, chilling. it's all good.
Today I actually made a point of going to church, and thus waking up really early. Woke up at 8-ish, got ready, rode my bike in my dress (!) and took the train all the way to δΈœη›΄ι—¨, which was a loooonnnnggg way. Then I got out of the station finally, but I had no idea how to get there. I thought it would be really close but looking left and looking right, I had no idea where the building would be. I thought I could walk there and asked others where the bldg was, and nobody knew. I gave up the idea of walking finally because I was already late. Got a cab, and it turned out that I couldnt really walk there. I was on the cab for at least 5 mins. Anyways, the cab driver finally found the bldg and he was nice enough to only charge me for 10 yuans instead of 11.
Went inside the bldg and then I realized I had no idea which floor the chapel was on. So I was looking up the directory and still couldn't find it. The security guy came up to me and asked me where I was going and I asked him which floor the church was at. He said, "ε€–ε›½δΊΊηš„?" I embarassedly said, yes. It was a little strange because I am apparently Chinese and speak Chinese but I attend a foreigners' church. Well, I can't help if my church is consisted of not so many asians.
Church was church; boring as usual. It was a family ward.
Too hungry to continue. Will finish entry later.
photo by: Eric