Back to Hong Kong!

Hong Kong Travel Blog

The next block. A very generic Hong Kong street picture.

I have always meant to write on here, but everytime I start writing I realize there are just too many things to write about and then I feel overwhelmed and stop writing. Well, since I have nothing to do today on a beautiful Sunday morning, I will write something here.

It was really funny/weird to read my last blog here when I wrote how the whole Hong Kong internship did not work out and it would be my last blog entry. Ironic, eh?

So going back to Hong Kong was a rather spontaneous decision. I originally planned to go to London since I have never been there before. I discussed this travel plan with Lisa, who said she would love to visit London as well, but she was also interested in visiting China for the first time. I gave her idea a serious though, did some flight research to go to both London and Hong Kong within a 2-week window. Well, the conclusion was flight was too expensive to fly to both London and Hong Kong. When considering what my travel plan would be, I realize how much I miss Hong Kong and my dad and my friends and the food and the city and the people and the hot subtropical weather, I decided I would skip London entirely and have a nice homecoming to Hong Kong.

I flew direct flight to Hong Kong for 15 hours. Maybe because I am older now, but it was rather surprising that I did not almost choke myself out of boredom. I watched 4 movies straight (and I love watching movies!), and maybe take a 2-hour nap. Turned out this was the worst decision because I was super jet-lagged for the next 7 days. ���話�表����

It was only at the custums gate that I realized I forgot to bring my HK ID back. This Hong Kong ID deal is like a driver's license, except a lot more important in terms of identification. It's almost like your second passport - you can enter Hong Kong with it. So I had to go to a manned counter (instead of an automatic HK ID machine reader) and enter Hong Kong using my paper passport book.

My dad picked me up and he seemed worried about the absense of my HK ID. We then took the airport shuttle home - it only took us 30 mins to get back home.

Dad brought me to this very local seafood resaturant in Kennedy Town of Hong Kong island and everything was really yummy (aka greasy in a super yummy way, not the oily disgusting unhealthy way), even though I just got out of the plane. I honestly forgot what it was called and what street it is at. =-T

All I can say is it is very nice to be home. I couldn't stop smiling when I stepped out of the plane and it finally hit me that I am finally in Hong Kong, the home that always appears in my dreams.

The next block. A very generic Hon…
The next block. A very generic Ho…
Hong Kong