A Simple Stride

San Francisco Travel Blog

Beneath mountains and clouds lies this tiny town of El Sobrante. If you were to look down on this town, you might see as many horses as there are cars. It's a quaint way of living, mixed with a touch of fairy tale. Streets like "Nottingham Court" and "Sherwood Forest" dot the highways, and my life in the city slowly seems far away when I journey to this location for my rehearsals. No one knows that a Lavendar and white cottage holds the rehearsal rooms for some of the Bay Area's most talented singers. We all arrive early and rehearse the whole weekend. We are preparing for Yosemite, the Ahwanee, and it's grandeur. Each night black tied and ball gowned audiences will pay top $$ to see us perform. To be a part of this 80 year tradition is wonderful.

It's a great time at the rehearsal location; Andrea, who is in charge, provides us with a fully catered lunch and delicious fruit and snacks in between. I can't believe this is work! The choreography is great, and it amuses me to see opera singers from the San Francisco Opera dancing. Everyone is good though so it's ok.

Good rewards are already coming; because of my work so far I've been rewarded with a new song. I have been invited by the head of the company to step up and do a duet with her. As a first year this is really exciting because first years' pay their dues and work in the chorus.  I will be joining Andrea Fulton in an Ella Fitzgerald number. I am very happy with where all of this is going.

If anyone is going to be up in Yosemite, I will have some free time to do some sightseeing and relaxing. Contact me on this page, if you'll be around!

More later.