Day 3, Aftermath

New York Travel Blog

Saturday morning in Astoria, we waited for the G line to arrive at Steinway station, but when after 35 minutes, it still hadn't shown up, we hurried out and took a cab to Enid's in Williamsburg. There we met up with Yasha, Daniel, Chris, Mark, Brian and Gothic Hangman. Scott arrived a few minutes later and we took a table for 8 people. When Matt and Melinda arrived, things got really crowded.

Chris Peters, me, Gothic Hangman, Brian Horton, Lisa Fong and Scott Holloway (with Mark Weston taking the pic as you can see)

Daniel, Yasha, Chris and me (pic by Scott Holloway)

(Aerial shot by Scott Holloway)

Exciting future plans were discussed. The food was great and the coffee plenty. We had a lot of fun, even though it felt like we were eating in a airplane.

And then we parted ways. Daniel headed back to JFK and Holland eventually. Gothic Hangman, Brian and Matt left. Chris and Mark headed into Manhattan. Lisa, Scott and me drove in Scott's car to Astoria and spent the next hour looking for a place to park.

Around 3:30pm I headed into Manhattan by myself to run some errands. I went to Times Square and into M&M's World and the Hard Rock Café.

I decided to walk down Broadway and get some stuff along the way. I know it's a long walk, but I don't mind. I like to walk and just explore the city. I paid a visit to Forbidden Planet and eventually ended up in Chinatown, where I had dinner.

At 7:30pm, I headed to MF Gallery in the Lower East Side for the opening of their show. Scott, Matt and Chris were in it. It was a very small gallery and had a lot of lowbrow art on the walls. Some of it I really liked, but most wasn't really my style. You could tell the Strychnin people as all 3 had - believe it or not - painted skulls.

Lisa, Scott, Chris and me. (picture by MF Gallery)

Afterwards, Lisa and I headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for a drink and a snack, and then took the subway home, where we talked until about 3am.

The next day, I flew back home.

New York