Arrival in Las Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Bikes at Las Vegas BikeFest 2005
    I'd never been to Las Vegas before so I had prepared.  Not having a poker-face, gambling on cards was out.  Not being very coordinated or patient, gambling on the slots was out.  Learning to bet on the horses sounded like a good way to spend the afternoons.
    In addition, I had signed my husband and me up for the Las Vegas BikeFest.
    Neither one of us has ridden a motorcycle in the past 40 years and we don't exactly look like the BikeFest type (if there is such a thing).  We don't own or wear leather (other than the obligatory black leather jacket) and are much more likely to wear shorts and "tasteful" knit shirts.  When we showed up at the Plaza Hotel at Freemont and Main to register for the BikeFest, we were the only people in the room (out of hundreds) without tattoos.  After passing up the chance to watch jello-wrestling, we walked down to the Freemont Street pedestrian mall to see one of the most amazing sound and light shows ever.
kingelvis14 says:
My husband and I do all of our traveling on a GoldWing motorcycle but we haven't enjoyed the pleasures of jello wrestling. Also, we don't have tatoos. I don't guess we would fit in with the Bikefest group either:)
Posted on: Jan 25, 2008