Train Ride from Sofia to Burgas

Bulgaria Travel Blog

Grandma with the luggage

Everyone insisted that we take a bus. That the bus is faster, you sleep all night and you reach the next morning. That its really clean, theres no gypsies, and has airconditioning. However I would not be moved! :-) I had to go on a train, I didnt care how dirty, smelly, hot, or how many gypsies there were. It was my dream to sit on the train and listen to the tracks below. A most amazing experience. Unfortunately we got a new cart which meant that there were not windows like the old ones, where you can open it fully and stick your head out, though thankfully there were windows and you could smoke. So most of my pictures came out with a reflection...grr.

I couldnt stop myself the whole time. I was back and forth back and forth. I would go and smoke in the back so I could see from the  back window (as I didnt like smoking in the card, I felt like I was irritating people...even though it was the smoking one). Anyway, up until it got dark I refused to sit down and relax. We passed through so many interesting villages and towns. I took as many pictures as I could, though most of them were ruined by the reflection. We did take the express train, so there werent that many stops, and we reached Burgas before we knew it.

:-) me with the luggage..hahah