My birthday in paradise

Majorda Beach Travel Blog

Another lazy day in Goa...jumping in and out of the pool, borrowing the hotel’s bikes and riding to a fish restaurant, Zeebop, on the beach, where I ordered a giant crab, and then realized that we’d only taken a little money with us and no credit card. Since it was my birthday, Morgan sweetly rode back and grabbed the credit card, and arrived back at the table about 5 minutes after his food arrived, so thankfully it was still warm!

We jumped in the warm ocean for a short swim, then rode back to the Vivenda and were so hot and sweaty that we jumped back in the cold pool!

Charlotte walked over to our lounge chairs to inquire after Morgan’s health and he told her he was much better and that it was my birthday. Charlotte said she would give us a bottle of wine on the house, but it seemed too hot for wine, and Morgan doesn’t drink...so I thanked her and said I’d stick with gin and tonic...and then she set me up with free gin and tonics for the rest of my birthday! Woohoo!

After we packed, we had drinks by the bar and chatted with some of the other guests, and then they served a Goan style Thali with fish curry and rice for dinner. Charlotte checked us out and then ran out to catch a performance of the Vagina Monologues, which she couldn’t believe was being performed in Goa, and also she thought the conservative folks in Goa would flip out when hey heard the title.

After dinner, he hotel called us a taxi to the airport and we got on our commuter flight to Mumbai, starting our 36 hour journey home, and finishing our amazing trip. Looking back...neither of us puked, neither of us had exploding diarrhea, and bonus...we were charged no additional baggage fees on any of our returning 3 flights— now that’s what I call a successful trip.
Majorda Beach