Introduction to USA

Washington Travel Blog

Written In DC 16/06

So much to see in this seemingly uninteresting city. Have met some cool people, and still have a lot to see, but go to Charlottesville tomorrow, already a day late according to my plans. Hope it won't happen too much.

Started sightseeing on the day I arrived, saw the White House (bit dissapointing if it wasn't for the squirrels everywhere which really made up for the whole thing...) That led me down to Washington Monument, which led me to the WWII memorial and so on. It's all so close together, that you can't stop following the memorials, and suddenly you're very far away... I already feel like I know my way around this city better than London, the alphabetical and numerical grid makes it sooo easy.

Wednesday I did a load of museums and went to the Capitol with Anne Marie, a dutch girl I met at the hostel. And we saw Hillary Clinton in the senate, my first day here and I've seen a celebrity..! Uuuh-uh ;-)

Today I did Arlington cemetary with Kat, an australian girl just finishing her 8 week tour (again walking all the way, I'm gonna show those amreicans you can walk...) and Georgetown with a hostel-arranged tour. Great to see something different of Washington. Really nice area.

Will get back with a bit more interesting writing on this blog soon.

photo by: b93sp