Home-Sweet Home

Roskilde Travel Blog

On the 12th I dorned my backpack, which seemed to have gained another few pounds from just standing in the London flat, and made my way to Heathrow, optimistically buying a one way ticket to the tube. Razwana came with me to keep me company, and without her I think I would have sat down and cried like a lost child at some point. When we arrived in Heathrow Terminal 4 everything was chaos, the parkinglot was full of desperate people and patient yellow-vested staff. They would only let people into the terminal in a strict order, several flights were still getting cancelled and the line where I could try and get on standby was the same as for those who needed to rebook, and about 3-4 hours long... The faces of the desperate people and the press from the surrounding mass made me fly the place as fast as I could, whith the speed of a tortoise.
Back in the flat I called my mum, hoping that she could make everything better (do we ever stop thinking that our mothers are undefetable?) It wasn't the rescue I had hoped for, but she helped me with some phonenumbers, and in the end I got a ticket for the night train to Copenhagen via Brussels and Hamburg.
I could keep ranting on about the train journey and the mentally chalenged germans, but I'm going to stop here, and just tell you how nice it was to be back in rainy Denmark, finally able to let my mind, and back, rest. For a day anyway.
The arrival to a rainy suburb station isn't the grand finale you could wish for after 2 months of travelling overseas, but my family was there and back home my mum had made a danish layercake for me (special birthday cake, nothing like danish pastry) It was just so yummy-yummy ;-)
Roskilde