Day 2: Looking Around Las Cruces

Las Cruces Travel Blog

I had contemplated stopping in Las Cruces for the night but when I got there it was too early to find a motel.  I wanted to go by the Big Chile Inn to see the world's biggest chile pepper which is a statue in the parking area.  I had thought about spending the night there but decided it was too early and to just get a photo of the statue.  Unfortunately, there was a big truck parked in the way so I decided to keep going and maybe stop at a museum or two in the downtown area.  As I drove towards Main Street I saw there was an accident at the intersection where I wanted to turn.  It seemed fate, or the travel gods, or whatever you believe in were trying to tell me to keep going so I continued on through Las Cruces.  I have been here several times too, so I have seen a lot of the town.  I continued along U. S. Highway 70 through town en route to the tiny town of Organ, New Mexico.

I stopped in Las Cruces on my way home and stayed at the Big Chile Inn so I will ad that toward the end of this blog.

Las Cruces