A little safari at the local national park

Polokwane Travel Blog

female yala

We arrived early in the morning in Johannesburg. After clearing the immigration and collect our luggage, we head down to Herz car rental to collect our car. I declined to drive since we just have a long flight journal, and I was tired and do not have enough sleep.  So, it was up to my best buddy to drive to Polokwane town which is around 4 hours from the airport.  We arrived at the guest house easily with the help of GPS.  The reception was friendly and the check in was smooth.  We were upgraded to the  bigger room which was very nice.

Apparently there was no rest for me.  We head out again to the local National Park to do a little safari and to see the animal after putting the luggage in the room.  It was 4 pm by the time we arrive in the park, and we were the only guests for the day.

I was happy, we see many animals there – kudos, impala, giraffe, and other small animals.

By 6pm, I was really knackered… and can hardly open my eyes… I probably sleep a little in the car while doing a safari and the cool breeze was a nice way caressing my face and lure me to sleep.

After that we had an early dinner at one of the restaurant which serve South African food, which was probably one of the best food we had during our 2.5 weeks safari in South Africa.  And then it was time to go to bed.  oh yeah.. I was really tired.

starship1 says:
Agree, great you saw some animals!
Posted on: Feb 11, 2018
Ils1976 says:
first days can do that to you ... at least you saw some beautiful animals! :)
Posted on: Feb 11, 2018
cotton_foam says:
I have been reading friends' blogs for Africa, and you guys are inspiring me to add Africa to my super long bucket list!!
Posted on: Jan 27, 2018
ostrich
ostrich
Polokwane Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Decent grill in town
This place was recommended by the reception at our guesthouse and she said this is the best restaurant in town. So we go there after our little safar… read entire review
Polokwane