where do I go from here?

Sydney Travel Blog

Well, I have a few more days in Australia and well, it wasn't a really inspired idea to spend a few days in sydney and then head back to melbourne before flying out to thailand.  so i've been pondering heading down to canberra (the capital) for a few days and then come back up here to pick up the flight to melbourne.. although that isn't exactly the most economically smart thing to do.  Although if you have been following this than you probably know that smart isn't the thing that I do best.  Frankly, I can see myself doing very little of consequence here in Sydney .. although there is plenty that I haven't seen or done yet.  Something to ponder, ya know.  Today is going to be a low key day no matter what though, laundry and toiletry shopping.  You know, all that life maintainence stuff that doesn't normally go into a travel journal because it is damn boring.  But what are you going to do.. there are always going to be days like this.  Although in my defense, well, its pretty overcast out today.  Sort of perfect for the mood that I am in.  Anyway... think I'll cut this short and get started.

Update: so I went and saw borat today.  Figured a comedy was a good remedy for being blue.  Umm. hmm still trying to come up with my feelings about the whole thing.  I mean, there were certainly parts of the movie that were just outrageously funny but it was a bit heavy handed in many parts and I really could have done without some of it.  I mean, I don't see myself as being all that prudish but really, there are some images in my brain right now that I kind of wish I could reach my finger in my nose deep enough to scrape out of my cortex.
Sydney