don't come here

Aleppo Travel Blog

Basically, long and short, I'm here.. and I'm not too happy about it.  Figured that being in an arab country would change my opinion about the culture (or whatever their approximation to that is) and whatnot, but unfortunately, after a few days, I've sort of hardened my viewpoints on certain aspects.. like their disapproval of women in general.  Anyway, our hotel prominantly displays the flag of hezbollah and well, its hard to escape here.  I'm uncomfortable giving my money to organisations that would go right around and kill as many of my countrymen as humanly possible if given the chance.  As such, I'm going to explore my options, but fear that my trip in this part of the world is over.

Anyway, safe and well, safe.
Bill
Rashidtheone says:
if u go to any country be far from political and be happy to see new place ;) u crash ur trip i see :))) every 1 free like and do what like to do and love who like to love u not god to change the all ppl as u like them , take it easy another time in another place
Posted on: Sep 20, 2007
audreygallagher says:
I see Syria wasnt your cup of tea.. Need to go see this for myself.. just wondering what the story is with visa's?? Did you get it at the border of Turkey or have it before you left the UK?? Any info. would be great.. Tks..
Posted on: Aug 29, 2007