A day out at Hampton Court

London Travel Blog

We made it!!
My mum was visiting for a few days and she'd already done the shopping thing and was wondering what else she would like to do. When she lived in London in her younger days she used to love going to Hampton Court Palace. It's only a short train ride away and I hadn't been since I was about 8 years old so was very excited at the idea.
The only thing I really remember is the maze and the collection of body armour they have.
The first thing we did was check what tours were on and we'd just missed one so thought we'd check out the kitchen. Well, it's more like a little village with lots of little rooms for various different types of food. In the centre is the main cooking house. Absolutely huge with two great big fire places which can fit four pig roasts on each one! All along the walls are smaller cooking areas for pots and pans.
I was really eager to try out the maze so we made our way over. It was a lot harder to find the centre than I thought but we did and had a real giggle along the way.
From there we went for a stroll along the gardens. What an amazing display of flowers! I couldn't take enough photos. We stayed in the gardens for the rest of the day. My advice if you ever decide to visit this place is that you either pick the palace or the gardens cos you can't do both in a day.
pearcetoyou says:
Lovely photos! I am inspired by creative landscaping and colorful flowers!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2008