Getting ready and leaving for Italy

Eindhoven Travel Blog

Yesterday I worked till late. So this Friday morning I started to get all my things for in my suitcase. It is on the day of leaving that I started packing my bag. At the end of the day I was ready for leaving.

My parents would pick me up and bring me to Eindhoven Airport. My flight was at 7:40 p.m., but I asked my parents to pick me up at 5:00 p.m. just in case it would be busy on the road due to rushhour. In fact there was not any delay on the road, so 20 minutes later I was at the airport already. I said goodbye to my parents at the kiss+ride strip. Inside the airport I could check in right away. It was all self service. I had to print my flight ticket at home already. So at the checking in I scanned my boarding pass and the label for my suitcase was printed and I had to put it on the suitcase myself. It was done within 2 minutes. At security it was not busy at all, so within 5 minutes I was at the gates already. There I just read about the places I wanted to visit, read a book and ate my self brought sandwiches.

There was maybe a delay of 20 minutes, but at 8:00 p.m. we finally left. I was sitting next to a couple who were Italy fans. He already went to Italy all his life. They were together for 7 years I think and he infected her with the Italy virus. They go to Italy at least twice a year. When they go for a longer period, they go by car. Otherwise by airplane. For now they just went to Napoli for a weekend. But they had many tips on what I should see in the South of Italy. He said that Italy is just one big museum. I think he is right. It was nice talking to them on the flight. I also read quite a few pages in a roman in the plane.

Paulovic says:
For you Italy is around the corner. ;)
Posted on: Jan 14, 2018
odiseya says:
Congrats on your featured blog! I would like to visit Italy again!
Posted on: Jan 13, 2018
Paulovic says:
I definitely love Italy a lot as well, Sarah. So many beautiful things to see.

Thank you Fay and Sylvia!
Posted on: Jan 13, 2018