Day 1: Leaving Town

Sierra Vista Travel Blog

Day 1 started with me going over to pick up my friend Charlie at his house.  I was not sure how that would go as Charlie does not like going away from home for more than about a day but he had agreed to a road trip.  Charlie and I have been good friends for almost 20 years.  We had gone hiking together many times and had taken many day trips but had never gone on a road trip together.  We got off to a late start because I needed to stop at the library to place a hold on my mail delivery and the bank to get some cash and WALMART to get some supplies for the trip.  Charlie had forgotten his Kindle so we stopped back at his house to retrieve that for the trip.  The weather was fairly warm and clear.  The weather this time of year in Arizona is frequently quite beautiful.  The plan was to just drive most of the day, since we got a late start anyway, stop for a bite to eat at one of my favorite restaurants in the area, Kranberry's in Lordsburg, and then continue on to Silver City to spend the night.  It was still fairly early when we got to Lordsburg, but after a very nice early dinner we decided that since it would only take about an hour to get to Silver City in the morning we would call it an early day and stay at the Motel 6 located next to Kranberry's.  Both Charlie and I walk with canes and are not quite as energetic as we were in our younger days.  I like the Motel 6 in Lordsburg; nice people and the beds were pretty comfortable.

odiseya says:
Congratulations on your Today's Featured Travel Blog Award! Well deserved!
Posted on: Nov 11, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Congrats on your featured blog. Well done and greetings from grey Germany.
Posted on: Nov 11, 2017