Punta Cana, DR

Punta Cana Travel Blog

Bavaro Beach

I must start off stating How exited I was going on this trip. This was my first international trip outside the US. I have visited Toronto, Ontario, Canada before but for the record this was the one. I mentioned to my son Elliot (cabotono) my desire to go to the Dominican Republic. This was really one of the destinations I wanted to go. My husband traveled frequently to Dominican Republic and again I never had the opportunity to go. One day my son Elliot gave me the usual daily phone call (all mothers require this) and said that he was taking me to Punta Cana, DR.  Elliot also stated this is your Christmas gift in advance. I assume not to expect anything on Christmas Day but he delivered.

As soon as we arrived at Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) we were greeted with songs and happiness all around.

Bavaro Beach
Then we went to Immigration. Elliot was completely normal with this procedure but it was the first time for me. This created a whole new world of excitement.  Ok enough said. We headed to the hotel (Barceló Bavaro Palace Hotel). This hotel is part of the Barceló Complex that has everything any person needs for vacation.  Including a Casino, a huge Night Club and all you can eat restaurants. Not to leave out direct access to the beach.

Most of the time we wonder around the complex. We utilized the beach, pool and sun to get tanned.  We also took a trip to the Saona Island (Highly recommend). It’s about an hour drive from Punta Cana to Bayhibe. In Bayhibe we took the mini cruise to the Soana Island.

Just remember most of the hotels in the area are all-inclusive so eat well and drink slowly!

vimarie says:
Great Blog, my friend is having her wedding in the dominican republic. Its good to know you had such a wonderful time there.
Posted on: Dec 04, 2007
boxinbcn says:
This sounds fantastic! I enjoyed reading this. What a great son! I hope to go to the Dominican Republic sometime too. Greetings from Poland!
Posted on: Sep 18, 2007