The Start of My Third Visit

Everett Travel Blog

debating whether to wear this Phillies cap

As I wanted to visit another stadium before the end of the baseball regular season, I decided to take a short trip to Boston. Kind of a last minute trip, as I had a hard time making up my mind. This would be my third visit to that city, as I got to visit in 1998 and 2005. And even visited Fenway Park, but sadly, no photos from the 2005 trip. Here are summaries of those visits...

1. Boston 1998 - A Lot of History
2. Boston & Cape Cod 2005 - Difficult Trip

After packing up in the morning, I would take the train to the airport. Then went straight to security, as I had already checked in online.

subway station near the airport
After that, I just hung out at the food court for a bit. I ate some food that I packed along. Then went to the gate, where it seems like so different, with a lot more outlets to charge your devices. And that is exactly what I did, until boarding time came.

I got on the American Airlines flight, which was very short. Leaving Philly, I arrived about one hour later at Logan Airport in Boston. After getting off the plane, I went to the curb, where I got on the bus that took me to the nearest subway stop.

I got a Charlie weekly pass, for unlimited rides on the subways and buses. Not sure where the Charlie name came from, but that is what they are called. Then went to the platform, where I hopped on the subway, more locally known as the T.

I would arrive into the town of Everett, which is a city north of Boston. Then took one of the buses, but got off too early.
my room at the hostel
So I had to walk the rest of the way, to the Backpackers Hostel & Pub. More about this hostel in the review here.

I checked in, as I decided at the last minute, to stay at this place the entire time, even if it is out of the way. Originally, I was going to stay in 2 different hostels, but decided to eliminate the hassle of switching. Even if the other hostel was at a much better location. Plus this one was cheaper, even if it is out of the way. I looked around the place, and got my things to take for the day.

When heading out, it just happened that the woman from the front desk, was leaving at the same time. And asked if anyone needs a ride to the station. So I was able to get a ride to the subway station with her, as she was nice enough to give a ride in her own car.

Arrived at the station, I went to hop on the subway. And rode it into Boston.

debating whether to wear this Phil…
debating whether to wear this Phi…
Everett Hostels review
Out of the way, but otherwise a very good place to stay
Located in the town of Everett, the Backpackers Hostel & Pub is one of the few hostels in the Boston area. And the cheapest one that I could find. … read entire review
Everett