Photogenic in Cordoba and Granada

Cordoba Travel Blog

Rome bridge in Cordoba

Day2 in Cordoba,unfortunately we have to move to Granada this afternoon. Until bus time,I wanted to see more in Cordoba. In the early morning,we start from Alcazar de Los Reyes Cristianos near the hotel as well. On the way to go to there,we through Rome bridge. It has different atmosphere in the morning. I love to see it with natural light than lighting up.  Why we came to the Alcazar so early morning? Because I got an information that they do free opning from 8 to 9. A single mother traveling with her daughter,she try to make good cost perfomance anytime :)  BUT,they changed it,as they said we can take that benefit only at Thursday morning.

Alcazar
  Oh well, it's still cheap enter fee 4.50 euro each.

The Alcazar in Cordoba is totally very nice! Honestly,we didn't expect such lovely place therefor we spent long there. The garden it was not so huge but good size to see around. They maintenance very well so we can enjoy each part of garden. Probably we came in the early morning also good timing. The plants are looking so fresh with morning dew. We enjoyed a lot here. Then moved on the Jewish quarter.

The Jewish quarter also so pretty town! They has white wall with lovely paint color of the window frame. Some houses are hanging flower pot on a wall. It made me feel like walking in a picture book. So lovely. We found nice situation for lunch. We got a table outside then the handsome man came to play guitar near us.

Jewish quarter
I love this,sitting lovely place with listening good guitar playing. Live music is the best at this situation.  A single mother try to make cost perfomance but sometimes she doesn't care when she got hungry. Yummy lunch!! :D

We back to the hotel for check out,then left our luggages and went to the Mezquita,main visiting in Cordoba for us!! We enter the gate and saw people sitting around...something wrong? The ticket officer said it's closed until 13:30. What!!?? So we can't enter inside until afternoon. If we don't have to move Granada this afternoon,of course we could wait like others does. Unfortunately I don't have time :( It was so sad. I tried take a pictures a little bit from outside. OK,I like this town very much. Probably I'll have a chance back here in the future until then I will dream to see Mezquita! We leave for the bus station on a stone pavement.

.. Bye bye Cordoba.

We took a bus again for Granada. The cost is 18.29 each for one way, it takes 2.45 hours. Through olive trees as well we arrived in Granada at 16:45. I got a bus time schedule for next destination and a map. It being very common on this trip.  I saw high sense of town from bus window,it seem like much tousist area. Also many gothic building here in Granada. We could find the hotel easily though why the key is so complex in Europe? I had to spend a few min for lock and unlock everytime.

We left our luggages in the hotel,then went to see the town to be familier. And one thing I wanted to do soon is Churros!!  Lili from the site recommended me the churros shop when I post my first churros in Madrid.

yummy churros in Granada
She said if you visit Granada,must to try the one! OK,I do :) The Alhambra Cafeteria. It was easy to find at brhinde of Cathedral de Granada. The terrace was full so we got seats inside of cafeteria. It look like very oldschool,look ages male are working here with well known how to behave. The churros is good! The chocolate tast is a little bit light than I had before in Madrid. I'm so glad to come here which a friend recommended! We exploring the town then tried go to up to the hill because it being sunset time.

The view from the top of hill is great. Not much high but we could see landscape also details of town. There was less people. We spent sometime there then went to up the another tiny path which is the place we can see the Alhambra. The moon appear at that time. So beautiful Alhambra.

The view from the hill
  On the way to go there,we saw many small bars for tapas!! Yes,Granada is the birthplace of tapas! Why not we have experiences here! We choose the one is not crowded also it look like running there for long. We ordered drinks each then...yeah the plate along I didn't order! I was waiting to have tapas experience. Most of bars said on a sign "We have tapas! One drink + one tapas 8 euro". No,for me it's usual order just like a happy hour. I wanted they brings a plate with when I ordered drink!!   Sadly,we were not hungry after churros so haven't had another drinks. We back hotel then had to think about rest trip in Andalusia.

Malaga,Mijas,Ronda or Gibraltar... Ronda might be nice to see diffrent atmosphere in Andalusia but away from Malaga.

Aihambra with moon,Ayano
I have to be in Casablanca on the 1st Oct night to see my friend from Japan. We gather in Casablanca then traveling in Morocco togeter. Malaga didn't catch my heart at that time,so should I through Malaga then stay in Mijas? But neither Mijas I wasn't sure worth to stay one night maybe a few hours if I go. I through Gibraltar channel... uh,it's a small part of country,UK not Spain. Also curious about the airport there. At that time,my mind is almost decided to go to Gibraltar. Because I wouldn't come this small part of Andalusia later it's a chance to visit Gibraltar. I had to decide the hotel and where we go until next morning at that night.

yasuyo says:
Thank you very much!!
Posted on: Oct 21, 2017
vicIII says:
Great story and wonderful and inspiring photographs!...
Posted on: Oct 21, 2017
We move to Granada now!
We move to Granada now!
on a bus
on a bus
A bus ticket including a water and…
A bus ticket including a water an…
We arrived in Granada!