Bulloch County Courthouse

Statesboro Travel Blog

The Bulloch County Courthouse #1

I like to work on my own shots as much as those of other members, and to prove it here is one that has taken me awhile to finish.

This last year when we were on our cross-country road trip we got to take so many great pictures.  And we got to take some that with a little work can be great pictures.  This is one of those shots.  While we were in Statesboro, Georgia, we drove past the Bulloch County Courthouse, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.  This is one of the most spectacular courthouse buildings we saw on our entire trip and so a photo had to be taken.

But when we downloaded it and put it with all of our other shots it somehow just yelled at me to do something with it.

I couldn’t stand all of the “extras” that showed up in the shot, like the “NO TURN ON RED” sign that nearly filled the frame and the post at the right end of the windshield.  Shucks, even the street signal and another car needed to be removed.  So I went to work, and little by little those things disappeared and the courthouse looked better and better.

Finally, I thought I was done, and took one more look.  Yep, you guessed it, I forgot one of the major shadows. J

UPDATE 4/29/2009:  I am very proud to announce that the finished shot here is on-line at the following site:

The Bulloch County Courthouse #2
The Bulloch County Courthouse #2
The Bulloch County Courthouse #3
…
The Bulloch County Courthouse #3 …
Statesboro