Oh, I enjoy the street vendors so

Mexico City Travel Blog

much.I had to walk a bit out of the zocalo area, but only  lilke two blocks, and there they were, los ambulantes, the street vendors.

I like the crowds, the noise, the blaring speakers, and those guys on bull horns telling us to come iin, come in, we have a great deal for you today. Only today, but a great deal especially for you.Then I walked down a few different streets, on the richness, the shop after shop, after shop of wedding dresses, of communion clothing, for boys and girls, the hardware shops, I boought a socket takar, that converts a wall plug outlet into an socket for a bulb. It is part of my just in case gear.

I just had breakfast. Eat where the locals do. Chorizo with eggs, fruta, pan dulce, cafe americano.

It was not like my mom cooked, but it was good.

So now I have my favorite restaurants, my favored locations for a cup of coffe, cheap, with a sit down area for space to write.Oh, and so many people to watch, and listen to, and improve my Spanish.

I use a guide book for that overall, broad outlilne for planning my travels, sometimes, really, and then when I arrive I  do the tourex adventure.

It is really an adventure to arrive somewhere, not know a thing about the city/town and find a room, a base to start exploring. Food, basics, a town center, not really the have to see sights.

Until later,