A rather shoddy airport experience ruined my 'goodbye Sweden' moment

Arlanda Travel Blog

Nothing like my experience at Helsinki Vaanta, unfortunately!

My train arrived at Arlanda on time, to the all too familiar tunes of ABBA as I took the long escalator up to the departure gates. I always get paranoid that I forget stuff on trains so checked again and again that I had everything in my posession. I headed to the BA gates. My experience here was so different compared to Vaanta. Whilst that was a spacious airport and epitomised the "stress free travel" concept well,  this airport was a right ol' mess, very similar to Copenhagen's.

I finished my checkin and headed to the security queue. That too seemed a little under-manned but I could use the Priority queue. So, past it - I made my way to the Menzies Business Lounge which was beyond awful (see review). After about an hour there, I headed for boarding.

The boarding was worse. Despite having a distinct Priority queue, I didn't see any kind of checks being done. Everyone just got into the same queue. To make things worse, it was a 767 and was jam packed!

Fortunately, the flight departed on time, and I pretty much slept through the 2hour+ flight. Felt so good to be going back to London. Read the continuation of my journey here.

Ils1976 says:
Always a pleasure reading your adventures. I am so curious what the next one will be! :D
Posted on: Jan 01, 2018
trippin_jen says:
Have read your entries. You seem to take takes slow, which is good. But at the same time, is it safe to say that there's basically not much action in Stockholm?
Posted on: Dec 29, 2017
Arlanda Nightlife & Entertainment review
Awful lounge - I've seen farmer's markets more peaceful than this!
Sad to say that whilst some lounges in Nordic EU are amazing (cue the Vaanta Finnair flagship lounge), some of them can be just as bad. Menzies lounge… read entire review
photo by: Chokk