It's been 4 years!

Zurich Travel Blog

This was actually taken at LHR, but our bird that flew us to ZRH

Indeed it has! Four years since I landed in Zurich, or since I was in any part of Switzerland.  The flight was decent enough, and for flying time of just about 1 hour, they fed us quite well. I got a nice veggie salad (beets with some seasoning), bread and their brand of chocolate. Very nice service too, and they constantly topped my glass up with some Brut. The flight landed on time to rather pleasant clear skied Zurich. It was a bit of a walk to the immigration queue. That got done rather early (very friendly Immigration officer) and I was at the "Airport Center" in minutes. I'm surprised I'd forgotten about this given how extensively I'd used it the last time around.

A very friendly gentleman at the desk helped buy me a day pass - I popped into their local grocery chain Migros and bought me a Caillier honey chocolate and headed to the S-bahn station. It was about 7 stops before I got to the hostel. At first, it seemed rather quiet and dark getting there, but it was a really nice hostel. Read my review for more information.

gingerbatik says:
congrats Vic:)
planxty says:
Congratulations on your feature today. Regrettably Switzerland is not a viable option for me as my pockets are just not that deep!
HORSCHECK says:
Congrats on your featured blog.
Posted on: Nov 04, 2017
This was actually taken at LHR, bu…
This was actually taken at LHR, b…
Zurich Hostels review
It's the new age hostel: clean, safe, industrial and cold
If there's one thing you can expect from Switzerland, it's quality! They excel at just about everything, this hostel included. I spent 2 nights here a… read entire review
Zurich