Getting settled

Mentor Travel Blog

As I said, TravBuddy has opened my eyes to how much travel opportunity exists near and far.  Lawnfield represented tipping over that first domino and once Cindy clued me about the Garfield Memorial I decided to tap into the internet and see if I overlooked anything else.  It seemed like the bases were covered so far as Garfield was concerned, but guess what?  After Virginia, Ohio hosts more presidential Homes than any other US state!

Digging in, I decided to devote Saturday to Garfield (and catching up with Cindy), then visit Warren G. Harding’s home in Marion, Ohio when I returned Sunday.  I know Harding is frequently cited as the worst President ever, but it was a convenient stop along the way back.

Thus it seemed practical to clobber the four hour excursion east Friday evening, so I launched out of the office a few minutes early and headed for Mentor.  Despite some minor traffic snarls around Columbus, not much to complain about and arrived at my hotel in Mentor around 9PM.  So after a quick hotel review, below, we can arise tomorrow morning and begin the executive action.

vances says:
Never heard of the Wilds, but Hocking Hills gets top billing from local friends...except they tell me it is usually horribly crowded. Also close to Athens - my youngest stepson went to Ohio U there and I love it there, very hip.
Posted on: Oct 10, 2017
hanleyscot says:
Have you been to The Wilds outside of Zanesville? I've been wondering if it's worth checking out. I think Jack Hanna is involved with it so it probably is. I've also been thinking about going to Hocking Hills Canopy Tours which I think is somewhere around there, too (Hocking Hills maybe?). There's a "rock bridge" site that sounds like it could be an interesting hike.
Posted on: Oct 09, 2017
gingerbatik says:
to be honest, I only know Garfield the cat on the comic book:)
Posted on: Oct 04, 2017