Finally- 'Latin' America

Antigua Travel Blog

Antigua- I love you more! What a city. This is my fifth day here and thanks to the tips from Ricardo I will grab a very, very cheap flight out of here two weeks from now to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and from there bus back to Texas. But that means I get fourteen days in Guatemala and after the hostel I just found probably fourteen days here in Antigua.

I stayed a very nice hostel my first few nights, but my God what a boring, boring place to stay. I mean- it is a boring place to stay. I was there four nights and met no one. One thing to be wary here is that everyone is trying to chum  up to you to sell you Spanish courses. Everyone is shooting for $300 but you shouldn’t have to pay more than $90, private lessons for a week’s worth of lessons. Only problem is my teacher sucks and I’ve lost motivation ‘cause of him. So after dishing out my $100 I’m quitting class and focusing on this city.

I found a much better hostel called the Jungle Hostel. It looks cheesy at first, but what a great place to stay. Huge comfortable beds and a great, great atmosphere and the best staff you could ask for. I really, really feel at home here and it will be hard to leave. The bars are great, the nightlife better and the girls- I love the girls here. Not the locals, but travelers I mean :).

photo by: monky