Damn you teachers and your militaristic tactics!!!

Tela Travel Blog

Tela, Tela, Tela… you’re a nice city but I was not planning on staying here for six days. Two at the most- but there was a teacher strike. And with a teacher strike they get militaristic on the govt. and shut down all major highways so that all form of transportation is shut down. I was planning to leave Monday morning, but now I have found, I will not be able to leave till Wednesday.

At least I found some other travelers: a British girl and a Aussie bloke (they’re a couple) and then I found some locals that live here, one actually from Texas and he has his own bar called the Blue Moon. Good food and avg. priced beer- plus good music and good atmosphere. It’s dead in this town- but that is because of the rainy season, so there is little to no nightlife and no one dares go on the beaches at night because of the gangs and muggings. To be honest, I’ve lost a lot of zeal being here that I’m not going to try and make it to the Bay Islands. I just want to hit up Guatemala now and get through and passed Honduras.

I did though find a smashing internet café, its right near the main square, though for the life of me I cannot recall the name of it. But it is smashing with really fast internet, Starbucks like atmosphere, good coffee and well… fast internet! I chill on the beach by the major hotel beach hotel here, Telamar Hotel. It’s peaceful here and people leave you alone- though as far as excitement goes, its just not finding me here. It’ll be a long three days :( .

Tela