I'm nicely settled down now.

Broadstairs Travel Blog

I'm not surprised there is a queue, this is a brilliant chippie.

At this point this journal could become very repetitive here as I had slipped into an extremely comfortable routine.  I was basically staying with my friends, self-catering there which means very little in the way of cafe / restaurant reviews on the site I am afraid, going to certain establishments on various nights to either play or listen to music and it was all settling down very nicely.

Up in the morning, clean myself up, off to the wonderful Prince Albert for a day of reading the newspaper and occassionally even do a bit of TravBuddy writing.  Then it is either shop in one of the supermarkets or better still traditional shops on the High Street that have not been killed off by the appalling Westwood Cross Shopping Centre out of town after which home for supper, a bit of TV and off to bed for more of the same the next day.  I realise it will sound very mundane to the reader but it had relaxed me beyond all measure and I knew, as the general header of this journal entry indicates, that I was back where I belonged.

Let's be honest, I was not even meant to be here in the first place and if I had come solely for Folk Week I should have been gone ten days prior.  Now, I had no intention to move until either my lovely landlady told me to get out, Kent Police ran me out of town or Thanet District Council served me with some sort of eviction notice.  It appeared that planxty was back, the "black dog" seemed to have run off to hide in the woods and the world just seemed like a much better place than it sometimes does.

Broadstairs was still pretty  buzzing even towards the end of "the season" as the image of the chippie a couple of doors down from the pub indicates.  There are frequent queues here and it really is a good place to eat.

Im not surprised there is a queue…
I'm not surprised there is a queu…
Broadstairs