When will it ever end?

Broadstairs Travel Blog

Live music at the Tartar Frigate.

The 26th was a day of nothing of even vaguely potential interest to the reader so I'll pass on that one.  I shall be passing on quite a few more days as this journal progresses as the reader undoubtedly does not want to hear about me dropping into a routine of waking up, bathing and then heading off to the pub for a day of very relaxed hanging out with a group of friends, many of who are immensely interesting as I shall explain lter.

With the 26th being such a washout in terms of travel writing I shall skip on blithely (get me with the fancy phrases!) to the 27th.

The 27th was a Sunday and that meant a bit of live music round town.  East Kent really is a hotbed of music of all genres which may go some way to explaining why I love it so much.

An enthralled crowd.

There were various offerings on about the town but I opted (after a few stopoffs on the way) for the Tartar Frigate (please see separate tip on this page for a full review) where a guy styling himself as Warwick (his surname I believe) was playing.  I am fortunate enough to know enough people round town to be told what is likely to be good and what isn't.  I had heard good things about the guy and he certainly did not disappoint.  All covers certainly and backed to the hilt by whatever his computer was throwing up but he was extremely good and I did enjoy his set.  I had a brief chat with him as he was setting down and he also turned out to be a really nice guy.  Full marks, that man.

Again, it was planxty up the hill and back off to bed.  I am now running two weeks over a festival I was not even meant to be at so how far could it go?

Stay tuned and I'll tell you.

Broadstairs