Not much to report really.

Broadstairs Travel Blog

Photoshoot in my local and they were really singing.

Rather than bore the reader with the next couple of days I propose to conflate them here as they just followed the usual routine of getting up and ready, heading to the constantly wonderful Prince Albert, hanging out with dear friends and occasionally trying to get my TravBuddy entries up to date.  OK, I am pretty  well up on this current trip as I am trying very hard but I still have well over 10,000 images and 2,000 tips / reviews to try and transfer here from a wonderful website which has fallen to the corporate greed (not to mention criminal activity) of the reviled TripAdvisor website which, frankly, I doubt I will ever be able to do.  There are just not enough hours in the day.  The internet cancer called TripAdvisor really has something to answer for.  At least cancer has the decency to be indiscriminate!

There is always something to see or do when you go out  of your front door and on the 21st at about 1030 I was alone at the bar (no surprise there) and treated to a photoshoot for some promo material for a band where the two female singers happen to both be friends of mine.  I shall attach one image here which I apologise for as I didn't want to use the flash on my little compact camera and get in the way of the pro photographer doing his thing but I hope it gives an idea.

Other than that, very little happened that day and I eventually toddled off home to cook a light supper and then to bed to read the excellent  book I had purchased for the princely sum of £1 in a charity shop just down the road.

The next day was so memorable that I did not take a single image, despite having the camera with me as I always do.  This, however, does not mean it was a wasted day, far from it.  It was another day sitting in the pub with friends and reading the newspaper which is a luxury I rarely have any more, much as I love it.  When I am at home I tend to get my news online and it is a joy to actually sit and read a newspaper in the pub albeit that I think the days of such indulgence are limited.  I really just do not see how newspapers can compete commercially in the digital age.

Another day ended with me off home, a bite to eat, a few chapters of the book I was really getting into and then time to sleep.

Stay tuned.

Photoshoot in my local and they we…
Photoshoot in my local and they w…
Broadstairs