More of the same but an opportunity for some reviews.

Broadstairs Travel Blog

The new owners of my favourite pub in Broadstairs.

The 24th was a Thursday and things were falling into an all too predictable pattern.  Up and showered early so it was time for a pint of breakfast and off I took to the Albert which is the pub that opens earliest in town (1000 on Monday to Saturday and 1100 on Sunday).  It happens to be my favourite although that is competing in a very hard field and I have just realised that I have not created a review on it which I shall rectify immediately and attach to this page.  As I shall explain there, it had been bought over literally less than a month before my latest visit to town and only re-opened a couple of days before Folk Week which is easily the biggest earner of the year.  I really do not know what "genius" thought that one up (the refurb literally went down to the wire) as they had initially planned the refurb for Folk Week itself.  Brilliant.

Things had changed a little but not too much, unlike some pubs in town (a few of which are not even standing now!) so it is something of a point of stability for me.

During my 12 years on the disgracefully butchered Virtual Tourist website I had many, many tips / reviews on Broadstairs, and indeed literally thousands of places round the world and I am not entirely sure where to put them on this site but, as always, I shall try to make the journal as cohesive and sensible as I can or at least as sensible as my writing capabilities allow.

Another  great day in the pub with good friends then off home for a bite to eat and back to the previously mentioned comfortable bed.  I swear I love sleeping there.

The new owners of my favourite pub…
The new owners of my favourite pu…
Broadstairs