More of the same but one for the music purists.

Broadstairs Travel Blog

Spot the star.

There is little to report about the 25th of August which fell into the same pattern of waking up in my hugely comfy bed (which is actually a bed sofa affair), performing my ablutions and heading out to the Prince Albert for opening time (please see separate review on the pub) but a trawl through my images does throw up something which may be of interest to the  musically inclined of whatever tiny readership I may have here.

I noticed an old "wet image" and monochrome photo of what was obviously a band promo from who knows when (I vaguely do as explained later).  The lovely lady who was so graciously allowing me to  crash in her spare room had previously been a partner of a guy I was extremely fond of called Les and who I had the extreme privelege of jamming with a few times.  He was a great drummer but is sadly no longer with us, having dropped dead  in the carpark not 100 yards from where I stay now a few years ago.

I am not going to say I had never seen this image before but I felt compelled to take a "photo of a photo" and to post it here.  The guy centre back is my late mate Les and this is a band from c.1963.  Music afficionados may just recognise the baby-faced young man sitting in front of Les who went by the name of David Jones.  Changing his surname to Bowie the rest, as they say, is history.  As I say, I believe this dates to about 1963 for the music purists but other than that I have little to add.  Just another one of my very minimal claims to fame - I jammed with Bowie's drummer.  How bad can that be?

The only other thing of interest on that day was that I discovered who had taken over  my favourite pub (Prince Albert) and it was the "Craft Union Pub Company" as they had put a sign up outside the front door.  Pub companies are anathema to me and I give this place three years, albeit it is turning a profit, until they decide to asset strip it.  The state of the British licensing trade is parlous to say the least.

I am composing this in the said pub and am on something of a roll so stay tuned.

Broadstairs