budapest bamako update and website.

Stavanger Travel Blog

Hi. This is just a quick update of our planning.

We now have a website.  My brother put it together in a few days, for which i thank him very much.  The site is perfect for what we need. The address is....

Why loose change?. Well, I always have coins lying around the house and little pots of old holiday money that cant be changed at the bank.  I thought that people would be more willing to give us this rather than open their wallets.  Only time will tell.

All money we raise is going directly to charity and we will be paying all personal expenses ourselves.

The last 2 weeks have been mentally tiring and I sometimes wonder what we have taken on.  It started out as a great adventure, but within a few days we started to realise how much the charitable ventures would take over.  We are now excited about seeing how much we can support the event.  I cant wait to get to our adopted village and hand our gifts over to the children.

We have paid our fee and are just waiting to receive our entry number. We  have the Mali and Mauritania visa applications, which we will send off next month.  I have made a million lists of things to do!!.  We have started the vehicle search and hope to buy it within the next week or so and get it over to Norway and start the preparation.  Hopefully we will have some pictures soon.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

January 2008

Hi to everyone. May I wish you all a happy new year and hope you all had a great Christmas.

I am ony 3 days away from setting off on our adventure.  I have been so busy and cant believe how much we have achieved in only 3 and half months.  I havn't had much chance to get on Trav Buddy but will try to update the blog as we go.

After the set back of the jeep blowing up, we are hopefully now back on track. We have spent a lot of time rebuilding the engine, but hope it will be ok. There is still a strange tapping noise but I will do like most people and just turn up the stereo!!!

We have about 20 large boxes of clothes, toys, art equipment and classroom supplies. We will give half to a village on the way down and the rest to a school in Bamako that rescues street children as young as 6.

Thankyou so much to those of you that have offered amazing support. Especially Angela and Leah.

Good luck to everyone in 2008. I hope your dreams come true. I feel like mine are already :))

tvillingmarit says:
And what a dream you have. good luck. LOL
Posted on: Jan 03, 2008