Meyreuil - Murcia

Meyreuil Travel Blog

Meyreuil - Murcia

681 miles

The longest day of the tour.  1100km of motorway through France and |Spain to the campsite for the night.

As I write this now from the passenger’s seat of the car we have now been on the road for about 12 .5 hours. We still have another 1.5 hours to go! Lots of toll roads and fast food. I’m not feeling too good today. Very tired and bored. Not looking forward to pitching the tent and camping. May try and find a hotel close by.

We have decided not to take the early ferry tomorrow morning to Morocco as planned. It would have been great to get to the African continent early but we have decided to take a rest day. We will carry out some final shopping for food and supplies and give the car some much needed love and attention. It has done nearly 5000km in the last 7 days. There are a few issues we need to address and it will be god to catch up on some sleep before Africa.

We have now arrived at the campsite and to my joy I discover that there is no area for pitching tents. Only cabins. I was in no mood to pitch a tent today.  There were a lot of competitors at the site so the atmosphere was really good. We had some awful food from the restaurant next to the campsite, then a few beers at the cabin before some much needed sleep.

Im glad this day is over.

monaco harbour
monaco harbour
spot my boat!
spot my boat!
cooking on the road
cooking on the road
sitting in the freezing cold discu…
sitting in the freezing cold disc…
Meyreuil