Budva On the Seafoam

Budva Travel Blog

I began my exploration of the town from its Slovenska Beach. The beach was overcrowded, some parts were with rental beach set, some were free of charge. All along the beach were cafes, bars, restaurants with so much grilled meat and loud music. Across the boulevard was a real town with many different shops, bus station, schools, etc. On the another end of the beach, on a rocky peninsula there was a well-preserved medieval walled city with gates. I went first around it to the Old Town Beach with a dock, from where I took several photos of the town. In front of the town there was the St. Nikola Island with an overcrowded beach too.

Then I came back to the path to the Ballet Dancer Statue. Behind me was the Mogren Beach, where in 1958 a young man lost his life in jaws of the white shark that followed an Transatlantic ship to our sea.

In 2012 a Russian woman was drawn from the path by big waves in the end of summer when the storm began and nobody could save her. Then I turned back to the old town.

Budva's old town reminds me a lot on the Dubrovnik's but it is smaller. The walls are surrounding old houses with small courtyards, today mostly shops and churches on squares and narrow streets among them. On the end above the sea is a citadelle, with a charged entrance ticket.  You can also walk around the old town by a very narrow path on the walls, coming up the stairs from three entrance gates. Some parts of the path stink, those in tree shadows, clearly waiting for the rain to wash them.

Budva General Tips & Advice review
Beaches in Budva
There are several beaches in Budva. During the summer they are all overcrowded. Showers at the beaches are working properly and are free to use. The b… read entire review
Budva